Building a Profitable Niche
Website with Amazon
Do you want to learn how to start a profitable niche business from scratch? My goal is to show you the essential steps to get off to a good start and have a successful niche site. Even if you are a beginner at blogging or have never built your own site, it’s not a problem, I’ll take you through the steps.
When I created my first blog several years ago, I had absolutely no idea how to go about it, and not to mention, no computer experience. It took me hours and hours to figure it out. (I googled and watched hours of videos until I could no longer see the screen anymore.) This guide will share with you what I have learned along the way and will provide you with all the steps needed to start your profitable website.
Why would you want to start a niche website?
For many different reasons. You might be interested in:
- Making a living by working from home.You can make a full-time income blogging and yes, it is hard work especially when you’re just getting started. But once you get the hang of it, it will be easier and most of all, it is fun. Not to mention, it won’t break the bank to get your blogging business started.
- You want to write a book.These days, having an online presence is the only way to get noticed and a way to have people get to know you, and this will open the door to selling your book. A blog is the best way to get known and get people interested in what you have to say.
- Get more exposure.A blog gives you the ability to reach numerous people worldwide at very little cost.
- For the love of writing.If you love writing and want to share your experiences with others and provide useful information to your readers, then a blog is the way to go.
So if you feel this is the right path for you, and you want to be successful online, then let’s get started!
The 5 simple steps to start a profitable Amazon niche website
- Choose a profitable niche
- Set up a domain & hosting platform
- Sign up as an Amazon affiliate
- Create content for your products
- Optimize your blog for search engines
Step 1. Choose a profitable niche
The best way to go about this is to go to Amazon and browse through the categories and select a category that you are interested in and a category that you are familiar with because you will have to write content for all these products that you choose, so you want to select something you know about. Also you will want to look for the bestselling items which also have many reviews.
Note– The three bestselling niche categories are: Health, Wealth & Relationships
An example would be to look under the Beauty category and narrow your search to Men’s grooming and then narrow your search again to products for beard grooming; that is an example of a niche in the health category. You can select all the bestselling beard grooming products for your site and promote these products by writing content for each product, adding them to your site (along with your affiliate link) and you’ll receive commission every time a purchase is made through your website. So far, so good.
After selecting your niche, you will want to see if there are many people searching for these products online by doing a search in the Google Keyword Tool. The niche has to be worth your effort before you decide to build a website around it.
You will need to open an account with Google AdWords and it’s free to use the Google Keyword Tool.
- Once you sign in, go to Tools and then Keyword Planner. You will make your search using phrase, website or category.
- Then, enter your keyword & click Get Ideas
- You will see all the different keywords that people are using when doing their searches, as well, you will see the number of monthly searches for each keyword.
- Select about 12-15 keywords which have high monthly searches and keep them on a notepad because you will be incorporating these keywords into your content; this will help your rankings for the search engines.
This part of your research is one of the most important step in creating a profitable niche website, so you do not want to skip through this; take the time to do your research because it will benefit you in the long-run.
Step 2. Set up a domain & hosting platform
I have used many different hosting platforms for my blogs and encountered many issues (I won’t name companies, even though I’m tempted), but now I only use InMotion Hosting, they are by far the best hosting platform I’ve used so far and they are very affordable. I purchase both my domain and hosting from them and hosting is as low as $2.95/month and they give you a free domain and a free email address for your website. But what I really appreciate is the 24/7 support they offer (by phone, email & chat); I cannot stress how important it is to have, especially when you are starting off and you need all the help that you can get. They make it very easy for you to get started because they guide you through the process and even install WordPress (I highly recommend it) with the click of a button.
Once you are set-up with your website, you are ready to start adding your content and get down to blogging.
Step 3. Sign up as an Amazon affiliate
Amazon makes it very easy to sign up to their affiliate program; the link for the program is found at the very bottom of the page.
They will ask you for your websites URL, but you can make one up and change it afterwards. Once you complete the registration, simply wait for an email from Amazon and then you are good to go. Commissions range from anywhere between 4 – 8.5% also, if someone clicks on your link to purchase your product and also decides to purchase other items, you get commission on all those other items as well, it’s a pretty good deal.
Step 4. Create content for your products
Now comes the fun part – you can begin writing your content.
You will want to select 3-5 niche-related products and write about 300-400 words of unique content for each item. Explain the benefits of each product and how it will solve the needs of the consumers who are searching for these types of products also, do not forget to incorporate you keywords into your articles (don’t overdo it when using keywords, 1 keyword per paragraph is plenty). Add the image of the product along with your Amazon embedded link. Take your time to write good quality and unique content; the purpose is to educate the buyers and let them know why this product is the right product for them.
Step 5. Optimize your blog for search engines
So your niche website is up and running and ready to generate profit…but wait you are not done just yet. In order to have a profitable niche website, you need traffic to your website.
How do you get traffic?
An effective way of getting traffic to your website is by building links; by doing this it will help your site get indexed by search engines. You can either do this manually by creating links to social bookmarks and by writing articles related to your niche and submit them to online directories, or you can go to Fiverr and have someone do it for you for $5.
But what exactly is link building for SEO?
It is when a webpage links itself to any other webpage. The more backlinks you have, the higher rank you will get with search engines. The importance is to have high quality backlinks from authoritative sites; and they must be linked to relevant sites (your niche).
You will want links created to all your webpages and all of your posts; and it is especially crucial to create links on a new website in order to get your site indexed quicker by the search engines.
Remember it is not the number of backlinks that you have, but rather the quality of your backlinks.
So, if you want to create your own backlinks:
- Write high quality articles and submit them to online directories
- Comment on related blogs
- Link yourself to as many social media platforms as you can
Note– Do not forget to use your website URL as your signature to send traffic back to your site.
To read more about SEO, get your copy of Search Engine Optimization All-in-One For Dummies